Query of pancreatic cancer

• 1 reply
  • 41 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I am concerned as I had breast cancer a couple of years ago, so realize now it can happen to me.

I have had problems with my white blood cells being low so was having regular blood tests, then it was noticed that my alt for my liver started to increase, doctor sent me for an aultrasound scan and found out I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease and slightly dilated pancreatic duct 2.4. I do get bloated, my poop has changed to a pale colour an a lot more than I used to do, and more often.  After eating I get a sudden full feeling and just simple can not eat any more.

My doctor has now sent me to gastro, I have googled (which I know is the worst thing to do) and it says increased pancreatic duct is the first signs of cancer, am I worried for no reason, has this happened to anyone else.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to worry, having had cancer before, that your symptoms mean that you have a different type of cancer. I haven't had these symptoms but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list and hopefully one of the forum members will pop on to share their symptoms with you.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for a non-cancerous explanation.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"