New boy

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi just saying hi to the group.

I had testicular cancer, chemo and orchidectomy 2011-12.

On 22nd May I went yellow as my bile duct was blocked. The cause was a 4cm lump on my pancreas. I had 2 ERCPs to unblock it and finally a PCE worked when I had a stent fitted. Afterwards the cancer growing around my bowel blocked my stomach and I had another stent fitted.

They are not sure whether it is pancreatic or duodenal, but the treatment is the same. I started chemo on 25th August but I had a bad reaction with feeling nausea and diarrhoea. I have had a pause including my father in law and mother’s funeral. I am now having a lower dose chemo as I write this.

I am having a year of chemo but I think I can beat it as my middle name is Teflon and I can’t be killed by conventional weapons.

Any advice would be appreciated as I know about testicular cancer but pancreatic/duodenal is new to me.

• Hi  

I'm sorry to see that you've had to join another cancer group. Like you I've had two different types of cancer and it really doesn't seem fair does it!?

Neither of my cancers were pancreatic or duodenal so I can't help with any advice on that. However, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet, so responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where hopefully it'll be seen by someone in the group who can help.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi RichieRooRoo

I am sorry to hear that after testicular cancer you now have pancreatic or duodenal cancer. What chemo are you having? Is there anything in particular you want advice on?

Squeaky