Neuroendocrine in my tail.

• 6 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Afternoon all. I got a phonecall wednesday after 6 mnths of scans tests etc. no one has used the word cancer but the inevitable build up of cystic lesion , neoplasm , then avid uptake on octreoscan followed by the phone conversation to say resection was inevitable rather than an option finally closes the door. I was to have another EUS/FNA but due to location and associated risks of bleeding and seeding I was relived to be going straight down the surgical route even with the risks involved as surgery is kind of inevitable anyway, so why risk seeding. Ive got some bloods to be done as it could be functioning and another scan as ongoing treatments vary individually. Best wishes to all on our individual journeys and be gentle with me till I find my feet. Stuart

•  

Hi Stuart and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this group but I'm sure the other members will be happy to answer any questions you might have, based on their own experiences, and support you as best as they can.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for that. I dont know about anyoneelse but I can only login in very infrequently, its so bad I almost gave up. Is this a common problem thankyou

• I'm not aware that not being able to log in is a common problem.

Can I suggest that you email the community team at community@macmillan.org.uk and explain the problem you have with logging in, including such things as what type of device you're using, eg. laptop, mobile phone, etc along with the browser you're using and they can check with the tech team if there are currently any known issues.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have been getting consistently logged in for the last couple of attempts so probably a glotch thanks for the advice and good luck on your jouney. Ive had my preopp through today for next week so thats taken 10days..while I,m pleased by the speed perhaps its trying to tell me something. Always something to think about on this rollercoaster we have tickets for.S.

• Personally, I never felt that if the treatment came through quickly they "were trying to tell me something" more that they pull out all the stops for cancer patients.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

• Yes I,m with you on that. I should elaborate further. There have been numerous comments in the correspondence of no current rush to surgery then all of a sudden I get a phonecall cancelling a proposed Eus/Fna and straight to surgery after the recently squeezed in Octreoscan. I,m very grateful for the increase in focus and feel fortunate to have gone from referral to  major surgery in the near future in a relatively short time [6mnths] S.