Son’s 20 yr old girlfriend just diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi, my son’s girlfriend has just been diagnosed.  She is only 20 yrs old and they are both away from home at University in the UK. She is an overseas student.  Her mom has come over from USA. We are all completely shocked at the news and are fearful of what might lay ahead.  She has jaundice which they are currently trying to clear, the initial procedure failed so she is going to have a different procedure tomorrow.  I believe it is stage 2/3, aggressive and hoping to have chemo once the jaundice is clear with the hope that it reduces in size so she can have it removed.  I cannot believe this is happening they are on the start of their adult life and should be enjoying university life and all it has to offer.  We know that this is one of the worst cancers to get and I am very scared for the imminent future.  I am after guidance on how to support my son and his girlfriend, any advice would be most welcome.  TIA 

• This is the worst thing to any parent of young adult. I lost my 24 year old son last year with an aggressive cancer. 

She needs a lot of support, no matter what stage of cancer is keep on reassuring that she would be fine. She also needs a psychologist and Therapy session.

x