• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi 

I’m new here and joined because my mother has just heard out of the blue that she has late stage, inoperable pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed yesterday, after 12 days in hospital and home this afternoon with palliative and district nurses coming to call next Tuesday. Mum is 89 and Dad is 92. He is the main point of contact. I’m going to be there as much as possible but they are fiercely independent. Dad is u well himself and so I’m keeping an eye on both of them. Dad is not keen fir me to contact a local hospice, but I feel mum may decline really quickly and we may really benefit from the emotional support. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum has just been diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer and I know what a worrying time this will be for the whole family. 

I'm sure you'll find the other members of this group will be happy to answer questions and share experiences around your mum's cancer and treatment, but you might also like to join and post in the family and friends group. This latter group is a great place to discuss your worries and emotions as well as practical issues.

If you'd like to join just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and post in the same way as you did here as well as join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"