Chemo and Radiotherapy what to expect

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Afternoon All… Me again

So after nearly 6 rounds of chemo we had a scan last week  which we were given the results of today. 
Positives:- CA-19 down from 1900 to 49, cancer has not spread and has maintained size at 4.2cms
Negative’s:- still wrapped around his SMA and has not shrunk back at all.

So doctors have decided to change his chemo to dual therapy, chemo and radiotherapy.

My question is what can we expect from his. Will the radiotherapy  make him feel sick?

As he is having both chemo and radiotherapy will this tiredness and side effects be worse than his chemo. 

Im worried by changing the chemo it will grow  and make surgery completely out of the question whereas at the moment we still have some chance if it shrinks back from the SMA. 

Any advice on what to expect from this type of therapy?

thanks

chrissie

• Hi  

I've had both chemotherapy and radiotherapy but it was for a different type of cancer so how it affected me might not be the same for your husband. Before he starts treatment he should be given printed information on possible side effects along with contact numbers if he needs help. This is the information that Macmillan has on radiotherapy for pancreatic cancer.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending virtual (((hugs))) to you both

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"