Hi, my Mum has pancreas (and breast ) cancer. She’s 81 and I’m not doing so well with this.

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

We are still no nearer treatment for it because her biopsy was inconclusive. I feel like there is no sense of urgency with her care,  that she is gonna be another statistic in the nhs backlog as it’s obviously spreading all the time and nothing is stopping it yet. It’s taking too long and I’m feeling full of anticipatory grief. 

• I felt there was no urgency with my husband care, he is 47 and took about 8 weeks to get going on treatment whilst all that time his PC was spreading and getting bigger l. It has grown 2cms in 4 weeks. We have now had 2 rounds of chemo deferred due to platelets being low a d also low on beds which just gives me anxiety as I believe in that time his not on chemo it’s just growing. Have they explained what the next step is if the biopsy was inconclusive? 

• Thanks for your reply. I messaged at 4am when I was up crying half the night. It has been 3.5 months so far and still no treatment plan. Because biopsy was inconclusive they want to repeat it. Mum found it very traumatic to go through but they are refusing to increase her sedation to ease this on the 2nd go and won’t give her a GA either. So she must suffer it it seems. If the 2nd go is also inconclusive I don’t know what will happen. They won’t treat her without knowing if it’s primary or secondary to the breast cancer which has already spread to a lymph node. She is getting weaker every week, I’m so worried now. Up til Autumn she was a very fit 81 yr old.