Pancreatic cancer

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello,  I have my pre chemo assessment appointment today and am pooing myself at the thought of chemo to put it mildly. This is palliative and I am wondering how much difference having the chemo works. Also, over the last couple of weeks my back has started aching and now it is so sore it stops me from doing day to day things.  Has anyone had thst and how do you ease it please.  Thanks.

• Hi Vanessa, sorry to hear your going through any of it. My husband was diagnosed last Feb with pancreatic cancer, he reacted really well with the chemo, no sickness just a bit tired after really. So It doesn't have to be as scary or as awful for everyone. He had it once a week for 3 weeks and then a week off. Every month for over 12 months. His tumour reduced by around 5/6cm at one point. He also had back pain in the earlier stage pretty sure the chemo helped alot with that and our best painkiller so far has been pregabalin, although watch out for side effects we have had some crazy nights and had to reduce them or take them earlier in the day.  Good luck with everything, personal opinion but I really believe your mindset has a lot to do with recovery/ generally well being.  I wish you peace and strength x 

• Hi vanessa

I started palliative chemo at the start of March and have found that I'm coping really well with it. Have you started your chemo yet?

Christine

• Thank you.  This is very helpful. Definitely trying to maintain a positive outlook x

• Hi Christine,  that is good to know. I have my first session today.  X