So confused

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all, my mum had another consultant appointment today, they have said that after reviewing her scans they no longer feel she has diverticulitis or pancreatitis but rather lymphoma cancer. They've said that her lymph nodes next to her pancreas are enlarged. They are going to do another scan and a biopsy to confirm.

I'm confused though because when I've looked into enlarged lymph nodes in that area all I get results for are pancreatic cancer rather then lymphoma cancer. Does it go hand in hand as in if you have lymphoma cancer there you will also get pancreatic cancer? They didn't suggest that enlarged lymph nodes in that area could be caused by anything else just said they think it's lymphoma cancer. Her other symptoms are those of pancreatic cancer but I'm praying that there is something/anything else that could cause these symptoms??

• Hello Pickle

I'm not medically qualified but having been on this and other sites for a while now I have not seen any connection between Lymphoma and pancreatic cancer. Some cancers can take a while to be fully diagnosed and that seems to be the case here. It's hard waiting but hopefully the scan and biopsy will make things clearer.

Squeaky