The unexpected

• 3 replies
  • 47 subscribers

My Mum was diagnosed last month with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, It had blocked the bile duct so she had a PTC stent put in.

After that they were waiting for the recovery while they prep her Chemo.

Well... it all went down hill she's eneded up with Sepsis and they are now saying there is nothing more that can be done.

They are bringing her home and they reckon she has at least 2-3 weeks left,  (she'll be home for Christmas but not with it)

I'm shocked, I feel sick, I can't sleep, I  can't accept the fact I'm going to loose my mum my best friend!!

• Hello Itsallaboutyou

I'm sorry to hear this. It will be a shock to you. However, I know from experience that even in this sad situation you will be able to have some pleasing times together. Just go with the flow.

Squeaky

• hi, I’m so sorry to hear.  I had 3 weeks with my husband after he was sent home, you may find if she has very strong pain relief that she will be disorientated and not always make sense, but you will have some happy memories with your mum to cherish forever.

I spent every minute with my husband whilst he was awake, just holding his hand and telling him how much I loved him.  

Sending you strength to get through this terrible time 

• totally understand you, i lost my father in just a bit over 2 months due to pancreatic cancer.