After effects -Hello l am Andrea,

• 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I week ago l had a lap distal pancreatomy and splenectomy.l came out of hospital on Tuesday. I am hoping to chat with people who are now coping with the after effects of it all really. I find eating one of the greatest challenges at the moment. Last night just started to take enzymes to hopefully stop the diareah and nausea. I expect Its going to be trial and error at first to get the right amount with the food you take, to hopefully stop having runny poo.l am lucky that my op went really well and hoping to be rid of the drain in 2 weeks. At first there is so much to take in,  have felt fed up at times, but the sun is out and l know l will be out walking in the countryside soon.

• Hi and a warm welcome to the Online Community. I myself have a different type of cancer but by joining this group you'll be able to connect with others undergoing the same treatment and get their tips and support.

It's good to read the op went well and now the trick is to juggle what's the right combination of food. I'm sure the members here will be along soon to chat. We all know here what a Roller-coaster ride our cancer journeys can be but with your positive attitude you can get over the bad days.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments there are pages covering most types of cancers which can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• So glad your op went well... that is the main thing right?

I found the creon constipated me immediately... it didn't help with the nausea mind you. Best of luck with your recover!

• Yes that is the main thing. A few blips along the way are to be expected and l have been very lucky. Also it is true we become stronger people for our problems.thankyou