New to the group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello everyone.  I was diagnosed with localised advanced  pancreatic cancer on 12th July 2021. They want to shrink the tumour before surgery so I had my 1st chemotherapy session last week.  It's 6 sessions in total and after the day of treatment in hospital I go home with a pump for 48 hours.  

Has anyone found that they have a really bad taste in their mouth and it's very dry? It doesn't matter how many times I brush my teeth, they never seem clean.  Also I'm finding lots of stomach discomfort and I don't know the best way to relieve it.

There are so many things going on in my mind, fear, sad, what did I do so wrong, what's if they can't shrink it, so many things.  

I am glad I've found this forum as I think you can all help me along this unwanted journey.  

Thanks for listening. 

• I understand completely. I am in the same boat, just had my first of 6 cycles, and the hope that we can shrink it enough to operate, but no guarantees... it's all so nerve wracking. Just trying to be brave. Had first cycle 3 days again and feeling quite rubbish, but must push on.