Ascites

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My husband has had ascites from the diagnosis in September 2020 of head tumour with mesenteric invasion plus mets to peritoneum and omentum. He was drained a few times and for the last 3 months had Pensivepermanent pleurx drain and each day 2 litres of fluid drained. Had a few infections of site of drain and recently peritonitis. His drain won't work now because they say its gone in to pockets and thPensive can't drain each pocket. Basically told us to go home and they will just leave ascites to build up. Draining his lungs on Thursday at outpatients. Has anyone else faced this? He can't eat much at aPensive and is ballooned up. They have given him morphine but dreading the time left Pensive

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your husband is having problems with ascites. I don't have any experience with this but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. However, I can see that you also posted in the ask a nurse section of the online community and you've had a great reply from Lisa. I don't know if you've seen it yet but, if not, clicking here will take you straight to it.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"