Husband recently diagnosed

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi, Im new to the forum. My husband was recently diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer and I’m reeling. I cried for the first week non stop and I just don’t know how to get my head around it. I just don’t know how to ‘be’. My husband seems stronger and calmer than me. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your husband has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and, although it's a different type of cancer to the one I had, I do know what a distressing time this will be for the whole family.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also think about joining the carers only group which is a safe and supportive place to share your worries and emotions with others who are caring for a loved one with cancer. Everyone there will know what a difficult time this is for you. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

When you feel up to it it would be really helpful if you could update your profile with details of your husband's journey so far as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a virtual ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"