Afraid

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Although Drs are pretty sure they got all the cancer during surgery (Whipple procedure) and my chemo is to stop the cancer coming back, I cannot help but be scared it will still come back.

I have/had Ampullary cancer. Im 49 and autistic. Being autistic makes expressing and dealing witb my fears so much harder.

How does everyone else cope?

J

• Hi . To be honest I don't think any of us who've been diagnosed with a cancer of any kind really believe it's gone and won't come back - it's the nature of the beast. I'm not from this group, just dropped by and noticed you'd not yet had an answer, I'm sure some of the members here will be along soon to chat.

You can always talk to people on the Macmillan Support helpline, freephone number is shown below. They're good listeners and will be able to ease your fears. Depending on where you live in the Country there may be a Maggie's centre nearby which have now reopened. I find expressing my fears here best as the members have been through the same journey whereas with the best will in the world people not affected by cancer find it hard to deal with.

It might be a good idea to take a look at the  Life after cancer group where you can discuss how you feel there.

You're not alone, we're here to support you.

Sending hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett