Chemo treatment not successful please help.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi my brother was diagnosed is March 2021 and started chemo treatment right away. We discovered this week that the tumor hasn't shrunk and has in fact grown another half a centimeter, so that means the chemo isn't really helping him. The doctors decided to move forward with radiation because his tumor is 8 centimeters which is fairly large. Is there anyone here that has had radiation for PC or know anyone that has had radiation for their PC or now going through it, whether good news or bad news, that don't mind helping me understand how radiation has helped or didn't help. Anything i can learn will be helpful at this point because i feel like im going to lose my brother and it's killing me inside. We are trying to stay positive but it's so difficult to see him suffering and in pain. Like always praying for all that are affected by this horrible disease. God bless and stay safe everyone. 

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that the chemo hasn't shrunk your brother's tumour but it's good that his doctors have another treatment at their disposal in the form of radiation. Having not had this treatment myself I can't give you any experience but if you type 'radiation' into the search bar at the top of the page it'll bring up previous posts on this topic. You could have a read through some of them and respond to any of the more recent posters if you think they can help you further.

It would be great if you could pop something about your bother's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"