Cyst on pancreas

• 4 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi my mam was diagnosed with 3a lung cancer March 2017 she had rads & chemo , however she went for a CT scan last week and they found a cyst on her pancreas? The consultant said they put a probe over it and it didn't appear to look like cancer ? However there sending her for a pet scan as he said her lung looked a bit more dense ? I'm a bit confused as to what there sending her for a pet scan !!! Has anyone else ever had a cyst on the pancreas,  what do they do with it ? 

• Hi

I'm not a member of this group, so can't help with your questions, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. This could be because no one else here has had this experience or just that the right person hasn't seen your post yet. By replying to you it will 'bump' your post back to the top of the page again.

Using the search bar in this group I typed in 'cyst' and found quite a few fairly recent posts mentioning this. While you're waiting for replies you could do this too and respond to any of the posters if you think that they can help you understand what's happening.

However, the best person to ask would be your mam's CNS, with her permission of course, as she should be able to explain why she's having a PET scan and also what treatment, if any, might be needed for this cyst.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your mam's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Hope

First of all thanks to Latchbrook for popping in to help.

I haven’t any experience of a cyst on the pancreas but there may be others here who have. As Latchbrook says a word with the nurse might help. Or give the nurses on Pancreatic Cancer UK a ring as they are knowledgeable and a great help. The number will be on the PC UK website.

Squeaky

• Thanks for your posts we have just found out after her pet scan that's it's just a benign cyst. Thank goodness x 

HeartHeart

• That's great news

Hope you're going to have a little celebration!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"