I NOW KNOW MY WIFES BODY IS DYING .... BUT

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

MY GEORGOUS WIFE OF 50YRS   has at least defied the prediction of her Consultants Registrar. Having refused any treatment for pancreatic cancer because the two options for a so called  medical  - cure ? -   were quite clearly - from our informed all round research - simply  a delay of the inevitable. But of course the Registra couldn't say this. Such is the pressure the NHS are  under not be sued for God knows what  by some ambulance chasing despicable law firm. However Anne  is still  defying  the 6 to 12 months survival  rate given  without treatment. Its now 15months.  And she's still with me.  Going shopping, doing what she can do about the house, and her beloved crosswords. Anne by the way is 71. However she is losing weight rapidly. She sometimes gets sick after a meal despite the use of Creon which bloats her stomach and creates pain but which is releaved by passing wind and belching. However her complexion is peaches and cream along with a lovely smile.  We are wondering if she has developed an allergy to gluton as a result of analysing her meals so we've just bought gluton free bread, soups and crispbreads. Fingers crossed things appear positive. ( OMG I've just tempted the devil havnt I ?  )  Anne said from the very progmosis 15 months ago. " Let nature take its course. I'm 71. I've had my three score years and ten. " ( A bible quote although Anne is not a practicing Catholic.)  My Anne is a tough cookie. She'll be 72 this September. WHO KNOWS  ? 

• Hello Geoff

Thanks for keeping us up to date. It’s great that she has done so well. Hopefully, gluten free food will help digestion.

Squeaky

• Hi Squeaky 

I'll keep you posted. Any result might be useful to others with a similar problem with Creon

Geoff

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.