Where next

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

hi,

I’m not a regular contributor although I’m a regular viewer. I lost my mum last year to pancreatic cancer, we were very close and we did all the treatment together. I don’t know where to turn now, there are so many things left unsaid, so many things I want to talk about and so many memories but no-one to hear me, properly. I have a supportive family but I don’t want to burden them constantly. I also feel like I have some advice that could be useful, after all there has to be something good come out of this situation. Does anyone know what to do next, after the worst case scenario sadly came true in our experience? 

X

• Hi KahmealahI am sorry to hear of the death of your Mum. There are quite a few people here who have lost parents and partners. Although I have not undertaken it myself I understand that counselling may be helpful. It would let you talk to someone who isn’t part of your family. Your GP may be able to organise this.

You also mention that you have some advice. A phone call to the nurses on the Pancreatic Cancer UK helpline might point you where your advice would be useful.

Having lost both my parents and husband I can empathise with how you feel. Things to get better over time as you adapt to a new normal.

Squeaky