Ovarian cancer

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi I was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer in 3rd of May. I had chemo then on 21st December I had a hysterectomy and a stoma done. Few weeks later I had some more chemo treatments now that’s stopped I’ve been put on Bevacizumab every three weeks I had my first one on Friday. Has anyone else any experience of Bevacizumab ? I really don’t know much about this and it does worry me thanks to anyone for reading and for anyone who can give me some information about this treatment x

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

I don’t have any personal experience to share, but if you put “bevacuzimab” into the search bar(look for the magnifying glass at the top of the page) it will bring up all the previous posts where this has been mentioned in the group.  This drug is also known as Avastin, so you may have more results also appear from searching for this name too. 

I hope that this treatment will go well for you. How are you coping with the stoma? We also have a support group for stomas where you are welcome to post if you need to, and this is the link-

Stoma Support Group

I have 2 stomas from pelvic exenteration surgery for recurrent cervical cancer, so the stoma group is a good group to ask any questions or look for advice.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Sarah. I will have a look and see the information on there. I will also add the stoma group, I’m coping really well with my stoma thanks. I hope everything is going for you xx