Subungual melanoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experience with this melonoma? 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

If you'd like to join us over in the melanoma group one of the members was diagnosed with a subungual melanoma in December.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'Join this group' on the page that opens. You could then start a new post by clicking on 'Start a discussion'.

When you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I've joined and read the stories. I may reply tomorrow I don't want to take over the thread. I guess I don't want people worrying about me x

• Hi

I don't know if you mean you've read the posts in general or that you've read the ones about subungual melanoma. 

Please do start a new thread today. Helping each other cope is what the forums are meant for. 

If you use the group's search facility and look for the username louiseandfin she is the person who was recently diagnosed so you'll be able to share experiences with her. 

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Momshelley! How are you doing? I've read quite a few of your posts. I've been diagnosed 2 weeks ago with melanoma stage 1B in my toe. In two weeks my toe will be amputated and I will also have a sentinel node biopsy to check if it spread. They fully expect cancer still in my toe which is why it must go. I have a 6 year old boy and yet to break the news to, and explain that mummy will lose a toe. I have no idea how to tell him this in the gentlest possible way so he is not scared, he is a very clever and emotional boy. Could you inbox me some tips if by any chance you read this post in the next two weeks? I would be so very grateful xx