Pv

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi.After severel venesections and hemacrit struggling to stay at 45 .been given interferon 1st infjection tonight .scary times,any reassurance from others with this treatment would be good TIA

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike  and I help out around our various blood cancer groups.

I don’t have PV but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so in some way I understand this journey.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post but you can use the search Mag tool near the tops d search polycythaemia vera or PV and look at the older posts and as always you can hit reply and see if the folks are still looking in.

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful as well.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Talking to people face to face can indeed help a lot but during these strange times it’s not that available but do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area has opened up. Do also check out for a local Maggie's Centre in your area.

Always around to help out as best as I can.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge