Polycythemia vera

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

Hello to other pvs

Was diagnosed with pv at end of March, so am new to the world of MPN. 

Have had weekly venesections as well as being on hydroxycarbamide. My levels are now down and haven't had to h

ave a venesection for 12 weeks now. Fortunately my symptoms are only fatigue and increased bruising.

Was interested  in one of the posts about joint pain as I am experiencing that particularly in my hips. My cancer nurse said it could be because  of the hydroxycarbamide. 

Have found the website MPN VOICE invaluable. 

Polyvera.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Polycythemia Vera but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I appreciate the challenges of this journey well.

I see you have posted on an older post so let's see if that member and the others in the group pick up on your post.

I am pleased you findMPN Voice a helpful place for information and support, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and each centre do run Hematology Support Groups.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge