Hi

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

I was diagnosed on 13 Feb last year with Low Grade Non Hodgkins Lymphoma discovered in my spleen. After a 6 month course of chemo I was delighted to hear my spleen had reduced back to normal in Aug last year. I’m now on a 3 monthly check up. It helps me knowing I have access to this forum as I’ve found communicating with other cancer patients helps. I attended a 6 week HOPE course organised by McMillen which was invaluable for me. Look forward to hearing from other sufferers.  I do find at the minute that I have to be careful not to overreact every time I think I have a swollen gland etc.  

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with my rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma (Cutaneous T-Cell Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma) eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ my be different from yours I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

You did the right thing in doing a course like the HOPE course as you need tools to navigate the post treatment world. I did the Maggie's Centre Where Now? course a number of years back and it was great.

What type of Low Grade do you have?

My story is rather complicated See my story as I had to go through a number of treatments but I am 8+ years out from my last treatment and I turned 68 in Nov and doing great.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Twinkie, I was diagnosed with lymphoma in Feb last year too, after surgery in January 2023 as I had two lumps removed from my parotid gland. One was benign but surgeon didn’t like the tissue surrounding the second one so referred me to a haematologist. I started two months Rituximab treatment, once a week in May last year,  now have to be monitored every three months for two years. I had Low Grade MALT Stage 1 on my Parotid gland, non Hodgkins Lymphoma

i had my 2nd monitoring consultation this week and I’m in remission tg, which is good news and I know for peace of mind at least I will get monitored every few months.

I was given Rituximab as my consultant said is best treatment for someone with Sjogrens Syndrome which I have probably had for 10 years. 
    I know what you mean when you say you get worried about any lumps or bumps, but try not to get too anxious.