Low Grade Marginal Lymphoma on Parotid Gland

• 30 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi all, I was diagnosed with lymphoma of above in May, and started two months Rituximab treatment, once a week….I now have to be monitored every three months for two years.

i had my first monitoring consultation a month or so ago and I’m in remission, which is good news and I know for peace of mind at least I will get monitored every few months.

I was given Rituximab as my consultant said is best treatment for someone with Sjogrens Syndrome which I have probably for 10 years.

My question is this, has anyone else had this treatment and found that they know tend to get tiny skin sores, over their body, mainly on back and arms? I also had steroids given at same time as the Rituximab. I’ve also found that even though I’m active doing regular workouts, I’ve put on weight. A nurse on Macmillan said thst both these drugs can cause you to gain weight, I wonder if anyone else has had increase weight from it? Next time I see my consultant I will mention it anyway.

Any views would be appreciated.  Btw, I was told it is treatable, but it won’t go away, so just hoping it doesn’t return too soon. Consultant said possibility it can return within 5 years.