New to the Group

• 4 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi my name Lynne my husband David , David was diagnosed 2/3 wks who ( lost track of time ) non Hodkins Lymphoma, we don't know what stage its at yet hoping to find out Thur , don't really know how to feel tbh , don't even know what to do , so scared when i heard CANCER , My family have problems with heart disease, never cancer so was a shock , i know it happens to all walks of life but you never think it'll be you x Thankyou Highlander for advising me to join this forum x

• Hi again Lynne  and well done navigating across to our little corner of the community.

The word cancer in the early days can be all consuming but the more you get to understand Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and the fact that it is very treatable the more the noise between your ears will calm down.

Lymphoma is the UKs 5th most common cancer type after Breast, Lung, Colon and Prostate.... but unlike these 4 Solid Tumour cancers, Lymphoma is a completely different type of cancer to the point that in Solid Tumour cancer if you were diagnosed as Stage 4 the prognosis would be poor - in Lymphoma it is not...... the stageing number is used to identify where the NHL is presenting, what the best treatment would be (there are many treatments) and for how long.

I was diagnosed back in 1999 and after 14 years I eventually reached stage 4 and had to have full on treatments....... my last treatment was Oct 2015 and I am doing great (hut my community name to see my story)

There are over 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma so it is very important to get a clear diagnosis and unfortunately this can take same time as there are a number of Tests that need to be completed

You need to get ready for your appointment on Thursday so this link Questions to ask your medical team about Lymphoma will help you understand what you need to try and find out.

You will most likely have lots of questions so do post them back and we will do our best to help you out ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Once again thankyou for your advice , David has read this and appreciates the link to questions to ask x wow! wow! you've fought so much over the years and still here to tell the tale , don't know where you got the strength from  but does give people hope that you can fight this , thankyou x

• There is always hope…… are you both going to his appointment? this is actually important as  these early meetings the information comes thick and fast.

An old fashioned note book is a great tool as you can have your questions listed and you have space to record the answers - I formation is power Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Morning Yes we always have gone to appointments together for anything , we're believers that 2 is better than one for taking things in x I will definately be writing questions to ask , is been a long 2wks but i know we've a long road to walk yet but hoping it'll be easier with information as it seems we know nothing .