Large cell b High grade non Hodgkin’s lymphoma

• 9 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi, I have just completed 6 r chop chemo sessions and am feeling really well. Eating healthily and getting exercise.

i am still having blood thinning injections to make sure the clot I had in my upper arm has dissolved but i still have a sensation in an area of my arm is this usual? Worrying the lymphoma is still lurking there can anyone give me advice please.

i am feeling well but have suffered at each cycle with indigestion which I take omeprazole to help.

This leaves a few aches and pains around the front and back of my body. Is this normal?

can anyone reassure me that you still get aches and pains even when your treatments complete please?

I was told that my halfway scan was effectively treating my lymphoma but they noticed their was a slight thickening in my gut lining which they told me was no cause for concern. I do have IBS and mild diverticular disease and my stool sample came back recently clear. Does anyone have advice on this to ease my mind it’s not sinister please.

i am anxiously waiting to get my final scan and then the result which I’m very nervous about but remaining positive.

• can you get more treatment if the lymphoma has not gone fully into remission? Can anyone advise me and ease my mind please. Thank you
  • Hi again  well done in getting through your treatment.

Post treatment aches and pains are rather normal. Our bodies go through a lot during treatment and we often find some muscle wastage will build up and as we become more active post treatment there will also be aches and pains as our muscles recover.

I took well over a year to get over most of my aches and pains but still have some other medical treatment ‘left overs’ but I am 6 years in remission and doing great.

If and I say if? you have some residual areas that need treatment there are indeed many other treatments available to do this.

But until you know your results you are concerning yourself about something that most likely will not happen.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Peebles1

Just thought I’d share my experiences. I’m having my 6th and hopefully final R-chop cycle tomorrow. I spoke with my consultant yesterday and I mentioned that I was concerned about the intermittent throbbing sensation in my jaw, this was the site of one of the tumours which grew quite large really quickly. My concern is that the cancer is still active.

He reassured me and said that it’s quite common, even well after treatment and things are all ok that you will experience discomfort in the area where there was active disease/swellings. He explained that it can sometimes be scar tissue. Sometimes the discomfort will eventually go but also you may have to live with this permanently.  I kind of put my mind at rest, I hope it helps you too.

Take care,

Sarah x

• Hi, waiting for the final results are a challenge we hope for the best and some, I was one, prepare for bad news too due to that nagging doubt which means results can be an anti climax at the time. Have you read the paper by Dr Peter Harvey if not here is a link

http://www.livingwell-cancer-support.org.uk/docs/Peter%20Harvey%20-%20After%20the%20Treatment%20Finishes%20then%20What.pdf

its good at helping understand your feelings post treatment.

Try not to worry and deal with things if and when they happen rather than expending energy on the ifs and buts.

John  

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Hi Sarah,

Do hope today went ok - a huge milestone for you. Take care

Gill x

• Hi Gill

Thanks for asking, really kind of you. Yesterday went well. Got to wait now for 6 weeks, then the PET scan to see what’s going on. Obviously I’m hoping it’s good news but if I need further treatment then so be it! Just taking one day at a time.

How are you doing?

Sarah x

• Hi Sarah

Hopefully that will be it and you can “ring the bell” following your PET scan. Glad to hear you sound like you’re in a pretty good place. I’m physically good thanks for asking - just a bit worried about pain in my sinus area where my lymphoma was located but I saw your post on here and what your consultant told you about persistent pain in areas and that was pretty reassuring. 2 cycles down, next one on 27th.

Gill x

• Thank you for your kind advice. I still have niggly pain which seems to come and go in the evenings in my upper back between my shoulder blades mostly is this something to worry about after finishing my treatment on Tuesday?

• We only have our own treatment journeys to look back on and as always you check things out with your medical teams but I for one had lots of back/neck pains for rather a long time after my treatments were completed. It just takes time for the body to recover.

The fact that you only finished your treatment on Tuesday says that the treatment is still working it’s way through your body so aches and pains will happen.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Peebles1

It's a effect that most people become concerned about every ache post treatment understandably. Things that would never have been given a second thought pre cancer now cause concern.

The longer you go on ok post treatment the easier it will get but I don't think it will ever not be a concern to some extent.

As you have found out cancer treatment involves a lot of waiting. Your PET scan should help alleviate your concerns but that has to be a few weeks after your last cycle.

Hope all goes well for you