Fatigue

• 20 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi  having previously posted I can now say I'm looking forward to my 5th treatment DVDtomorrow. Over the past 2 weeks I have really suffered from fatigue to the point I was unable to get out of bed  and then was so weak on my legs I couldn't do much.

My question is now what can be determined as normal or abnormal fatigue. My consultant changed my dosage last week and this week has been my lenalidomida free week.  I have continued being fatigued to the point where my Fitbit registered 18hrs 44 minutes sleep one day last week and another day 15hrs 29 mins sleep in the day.

Is the above sleep normal

Cheers

• The painting sounds good , we need something to take our minds off what we are going through.I know what you mean about fishing.I went snorkelling on hols and saw the serenity.However , I will only catch and release and probably wont catch much anyway .Its more about getting out there when it gets a bit warmer.I have a week now before my next app , glad for the break.

• Hi, I did the Radar trial soon after my diagnosis in 2022, it put me straight in remission and Thank God I am still in remission. But I have anxiety when it comes close to my 3 month check up. When I was on the chemo I used to be so tired I could sleep all day and all night. I used to have it every Wednesday and only felt a bit better by the following Monday and then back to chemo on the Wednesday. I had ondansatron for the sickness. Now I have Zometa once a month. 

• Fingers crossed for you that the remission keeps going, I've been so fortunate with my chemo so far that I haven't experienced many side effects other than the dreaded fatigue

• Hi, I'm having SCT and the time scale is march for the harvesting of the cells with a transplant approx June.  I have just come through another round of fatigue, it's getting no better but fortunately I have a week free of chemo this week, I don't know what I would have done if I had chemo so soon. Anyway fatigue has gone and I'm alive again for a few days. Onwards and upwards. Don't let it grind you down. Live for the good days

• Let's hope that's the only Demon we are fighting today 

• Gosh I am jealous now. I went for my second week of a first round of chemo and was told today that I wont be having any breaks at all :(  12 weeks....They'll have to wheel me in like sleeping beauty before long!!!!!

• Hi , Just go with it , I have just done 12 consecutive weeks and was proud of how i coped.Until now.I have no energy.You have to gauge it.If I was a car , my fuel is just above reserve light coming on . If I do much I am seeing the light come on.I am going to rest and see if I can get half full.I am sorry if I sound stupid.

• Don't ever apologise, you don't sound stupid and its a good analogy. I know we are all different and our treatments affect us differently, but it is a good gauge when you get feedback from others. I hope you have managed to get the tank topped up :) 

• The last two days I have started to feel a bit better.The gp has increased my pain killers and it seems to be helping.I actually managed to go out for a meal yesterday!I think the constant pain was sapping my energy.

• That is really encouraging, I hope you keep going in a positive direction, just don't overdo it!! :)