Coughing up blood

• 1 reply
  • 34 subscribers

Hi, My husband is newly diagnosed and starts chemo today. A month ago he had Covid which is lingering somewhat. For the last two days he's coughed up blood. Not loads but a splatter in the hand. Could this be the Myeloma?  Thanks all. 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I appreciate the challenges of this journey well.

There are many reasons for your husband coughing up splatters of blood…… I have no idea if this could be related to his Myeloma but as always, anything that you are not sure about or some new symptoms you should be calling these into his medical professionals to let them assess if this needs to be looked at.

However I can say that my wife (no cancer) has a lingering cough following covid and has experienced this but her GP said it would pass as the cough subsides.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge