Hi all

• 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

I joined the forum today

I was diagnosed with skin melanoma approx 6 hrs ago,it was diagnosed and removed on the same day 

Since then I've been diagnosed with bladder cancer (not melanoma),lung melanoma and now brain mets melanoma 

The first actual therapy I have had was commenced in May this year,I'm having double immunotherapy treat at the Beatson Hospital Glasgow 

Consisting of double infusions every 3 was for the first 4 months and then reassess!

• Hi  

A warm welcome to our community though sorry to hear about you having 2 separate cancers and with the melanoma having spread.

I am not generally active in this forum as my wife's cancer is quite different but one thing I have learnt in our 10 years living with cancer is that pretty much everyone is different.

Fingers crossed for the immunotherapy, hopefully others on here may have something to share though the treatment is fairly new so there might not be some much but hopefully you will share more of how you get on as that will surely help others coming after you.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  

I'm glad to see you made it across to this forum from New to the Community.

I didn't have immunotherapy but there are lots of people in the group who have had it or are on it now. If you're able to let us know the names of the drugs that you're on, I'm sure others on that combination will then pop on to share their experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"