Immunotherapy treatment

• 2 replies
  • 68 subscribers
  • Hi there, just started immunotherapy treatment - 2 down and 24 to go. Combination of Nivolumab and Relatlimab. First two treatments went very well with no significant side effects,  but only very mild fatigue. 

• I’ve been told by the Oncologist that this is a fairly new drug combination but the trial results have been encouraging.
  • Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is further along the journey on these particular drugs and might wish to share experiences.
  • My scalp melanoma was diagnosed last Sept and about 14 small lesions were finally removed on 31 Jan. During this interval it was discovered my cancer had spread to several lymph nodes on the back of my neck hence the further treatment course recently started.
  • Anyone out there having similar treatment?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma forum which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had immunotherapy, so can't help with any experiences, but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for results, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I'm due to start immunotherapy treatment soon so am interested if you get any responses.

From other types of cancer I know it has massively helped a friend's dad who seems to have reacted very positively to his treatment.

My cancer has also spread to several lymph nodes and I'm awaiting a call from my oncologist to discuss further.

Sorry you are going through this...it's horrible and everything is so uncertain.

I wish you well Pray