Awaiting appointment.

• 2 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hello all. 

Last year I had treatment for breast cancer. Grade 3, lymph nodes clear and 27mm tumour. Lumpectomy, OncotypeDX of 1 followed by 9 rounds of radiotherapy. I’m also taking meds to eradicate oestrogen. 

On the 7th March my hairdresser noticed a lesion on my scalp so the next day I managed to get an appointment at the local surgery with a medical professional. They took a photo and saw one of the GPs for a second opinion who suspected melanoma.The outshot of this was that a 2WW referral was made. I understand the system has changed but heading towards three weeks since referral and the anxiety of waiting for an appointment is not good.

I can see that I have a lot to learn about this beast. I’d got quite knowledgeable about ER positive breast cancer but am a total novice here. I have no idea how long the lesion had been lurking as, due to shocking hair and vanity, I have a sewn in hair system which is totally removed every six months. So now I am anxiously awaiting an appointment for an expert opinion. 
I’m sincerely hoping that this will be a brief visit in this forum, but I like to be prepared Blush 

• On advice I rang the surgery today to discover that the referral had not been properly completed and submitted!! To say that I am distraught is an understatement.. 21 wasted days. 21 days waiting for the post and all for nothing. Surgery very apologetic and things are now in hand but I feel very let down and after being so positive for a lot of last year I now have to pull myself back and fight. 
    A very deflated Monty’s mum 

• So sorry to hear this, hope that you get seen shortly and it isn’t as bad as you fear …