A chat

• 3 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi im louise age 41. I was dignosed with eye Eye cancer ocular melanoma in 2020 then after lockdown of covid i went back it had got bigger and they decided to give me proton beam radiophrapy treatment in liverpool. Which starts 1st april to 5th april .i had surgery in febuary 2024 4 clips around the tumour to messure it. Today 19th march im have simulation mask made in liverpool. Im from felixstowe suffolk. Im signed off work til 15th. theres still along way to go possible follow up treatment I have Eye cancer ocular melanoma had surgery waiting for radiophrapy ct results come bk gt 2 lumps each side of neck and 1 in liver gt be tested biopsay and mri duno wat to too heart broken im on my own with my son gt have biopsey

• Hi there Louise, well done for making it to the form. I found about my cancer 7 months ago and was all over the place. I visited my local Maggies Centre out of sheer despair. They asked me what I needed and I did not have a clue. But they listened and I’m learning about what I need and what I don’t. I love the first 5 minutes when I wake up, before I have to get out of bed and face anything.

If Maggies is closed there are lots of people who care and are here to support you. The Samaritans are available 24 hours a day on their free helpline at 116 123. They are there even if it’s a chat you need.

Huge hugs to you Louise xx

•  

Hi Louise and another welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a long and difficult journey so I can understand you wanting to find others who have been on a similar path to you.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you also join the eye cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who have ocular melanoma.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"