I'm new hello

• 4 replies
  • 67 subscribers

I'm new here but not to cancer or melanoma. Third time going through radiation next week. Just want to talk.

• Hi, sounds good to me...where are you based?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't had radiation therapy for melanoma but I have had radiotherapy for breast cancer. What would you like to talk about?

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrooke hope your well. I had thyroid biopsy back not good news. I have papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer. It is treatable but got to have surgery. Not sure what surgery yet as got to see surgeon first once blood tests gone back to normal. Treatment for melanoma caused to many side effects so have been stopped. Oncologist said its low risk of coming back and if it did there is other treatments. Scans every 3 to 6 months and skin checks.

• Hi  

What a pain to discover you have a second cancer to deal with! I probably have a good idea how you feel as I was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years after my melanoma diagnosis. Everything's okay now thanks, finished the breast cancer treatment a year ago. Have to have yearly mammograms though, which is a bit stressful.

Look after yourself

Anne x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"