Melanoma

• 3 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hello everyone Blush I’m new to this forum and don’t know where to start to be honest . 
last June I was diagnosed with melanoma after I became concerned about a knew mole on my leg .I was referred to dermatology and had my mole removed.  After waiting around 5 weeks for my biopsy results I was diagnosed with melanoma in situ . 
I was very shocked but relieved at the same time . The meaning of in situ means the cancer hadn’t spread. I was given  more surgery to remove more skin around the area where the mole was , again a 4-5 week wait for biopsy results which I’m very relieved to say where clear no more treatment given . 
fast forward to now and next Sunday I’m having another mole removed on my back . I’m totally devastated, I’m scared and feel totally strange if that makes sense? 
so I’m back on my journey and I don’t know where this will lead 
I’m trying to keep positive but it’s hard , my husband is so upset. 

• Hi there, this is sue 58,the same thing happened to me last year, I had my first operation on August 2022,i was told in the September they had got all of.my cancer out, this was on my right shin bone. Then in the October it came back in the same place, I will broken to be told it had come back. Roll forward to this September I have had now 6 operations on the same Area, waiting now for operation no 7 has its come back again. But I am not going to let this cancer win, I will keep fighting it, and say positive has will. Good luck to you
  • Hi sue 58 

so sorry to hear what your going through. Thank you for the luck . And good luck to you too . 
    positivity is always the best way to think but easier said than done . Please update on your progress. Good luck lovely x