Hello, just joined after my first oncology appointment.

• 6 replies
  • 74 subscribers

I have decided t have Dab/tram treatment, I was unsure about this because of list of side effects. I would appreciate any feedback from other members of the forum. 

• Hi Christal I had stage 3c melanoma and had 13 cycles (1 year) of dab/tram .not going to lie the side affects were nausea ,shivers ,sweating ,headaches ,painful feet and fatigue but the first few months were the worst and then I got sort of use to it .(you don’t have the side affects 24 hours a day they come and go )the doctor gave me nausea tablets and painkillers which really helped.when the fatigue came I just rested as much as I could .i kept thinking I’m fighting this cancer with this treatment and I counted down the weeks on the kitchen board .you have to take the tablets the same time each day ,so went for 8am and 8pm which suited me  around my meal times ,as u can’t eat if I remember 2 hours before and 1 hour after .All just a vacant memory now as I stopped them in August .remember everybody is different and you might not get the side affects like me .the good news is I’ve had 3 body scans which all have now come back clear so far .so everything has been worth it .good luck and keeping fighting this cruel illness big hugs Julie 

• Thank you J.pops for taking time to reply to my post it was very helpful. I have been very anxious about side effects. I hope your future scans will be clear. Best wishes.

• Hi Christal I remember feeling anxious too but I decided to go with dab/tram because I was told lpl/nivo  can give you colitis in some cases.i will say even though I had side affects it wasn’t bad enough to stay in bed and on good days or hours I would still make the most of each day by having little trips out .good luck and I really hope it’s not as bad as you thought x

• Hi I have my first oncology appointment tomorrow. I guess its  to see what treatment im having and pet scan result did you lose your hair with these drugs. My letter they sent to oncology  says I qualify for adjuvant treatment.

• Hi miss mole your pleased to hear no hair loss but it did make my normal straight hair go curly near the end of the treatment .that wasn’t on the side affects Joy .when I read all the side affects ,I thought this sounds  bad but I suppose if you read any packet of tablets there’s so many sideaffects .like I said on the message above everybody will be different and I really hope if you take this treatment you don’t suffer many but remember it’s going kill any nasty  cancer cells if they are left behind .good luck tomorrow big hugs x

• Thanks  for the reply thats good to  hear no hair loss. Be glad once  I know what I'm having and hoping for clear pet scan results.x