Hi new here.

• 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

18 months ago after being told for a year that a growth on my back was nothing to worry about. Finally got seen by dermatology.  A week later growth was removed. 6 weeks later the madness started. Stage 3 melanoma. Further surgery . Immunotherapy.  2 treatments had to stop as horrific side effects.  6 months of hell. Regular ct scans. Then bam here we go again. Shadow on lung. More scans,shadow on liver. Yep melanoma spread. Now on targeting treatment.  Here start the side effects. This is 1 ride I don't want to be on.

Treatments are Encorafenib 75mg x4 once a day

Binimetinib 15mg x2 twice a day.

Started these 4 weeks ago. Had to stop for 48 hours untill I had seen an optician as my vision had gone blurry. All OK so restarted.

I'm so so exhausted feeling very overwhelmed 

Not really sure what new diagnosis means yet. Just know these tablets should contain and stop more spread.

I just want my life back,the 1 I had control of. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a great deal and I can understand you wanting to know if the side effects you're getting from treatment will subside.

I haven't had targeted therapies, so don't have experiences to share with you, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your response.  I will amend my profile. 

I thought I had ranted enough on my post so didn't want to waffle anymore. 

Can I add treatment to my previous post? 

• Yes, you can amend your original post. Just click on 'More' at the end of your post, make your alterations and then click on 'Reply'. To see the alterations you then need to refresh the page. 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"