Thoughts

• 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi, 

i had a mole on my foot removed in august. I got a letter to say i have an appointment at the end of september, i rang up to change the appointment an they said it was considered urgent. I was thinking if its urgent why is it three weeks away. I asked if the consultant can ring me instead of face to face app as im in work which hes agreed. Should i be worried what are peoples thoughts?? 

• Rocky , worrying won't help anything but your health deserves your full focused attention.There are little melanoma moles that like to go wandering like mine did.If it had been caught early enough perhaps I wouldn't have to have gone through 4 surgeries , immunotherapy treatment and now oral chemo.  If the health professionals tell you it's urgent you'd be smart to believe them. In this crazy time of NHS crisis take every appointment you get as soon as you can , if things develop badly your work will not be something you'll need to consider. A quick fix and it's gone. You only need to worry if you don't do anything

• Was when the mole was removed was this the biopsy?? I had biopsy 06/07/23 diagnosed 15/08/23 and then WLE on top of foot 16/09/23. It must need a WLE ASAP to ensure they have clear margins. I would accept the date and go in to sort. Good luck. I’m housebound at the moment and can’t really put weight in my foot but have to wait now 4/5 weeks for results. Good luck x