Melinoma diagnosis and then they told me I have heart failure as well

• 3 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Feeling all over the place

lost all my confidence and  am frightened all the time 

I use to been so independent and  looking forward to retirement last November and then in feb the bottom fell out of my world 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read how you're feeling after being diagnosed with melanoma and it must be doubly difficult for you as you have also been diagnosed with heart failure.

I had a look at your profile to see where you are in the melanoma process before replying to you but you haven't completed it yet.

Have you just been diagnosed and have you had any operations yet? I've had several moles removed and various follow-up procedures so I'm happy to share my experiences with you.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending virtual ((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have updated profile 

Julie 

• Hi again Julie ( 

Thanks for updating your profile and I can see that you're about to start Pembrolizumab. I haven't had this drug but there are lots of people in the group who have. If you wanted to chat to some of them about how they're getting on with it you could start a new post to ask your questions.

You might already be aware of this but, if not, Macmillan offer up to 6 free counselling sessions in partnership with Bupa for people struggling emotionally because they are living with cancer. This sounds like it might be something that could benefit you and, if you want more information about it, clicking here will tell you everything you need to know.

Do come back and let us all know how you get on with your first pembro session.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"