Referral to Dermatolgy

• 2 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi there

On Tuesday I was given an urgent referral to Dermatology with a suspicious mole, and have an appointment on Saturday to have some initial photographs taken. I was initially quite calm when I found the mole, but the Nurse Practitioner completely panicked me when she asked if I was feeling well in myself. My mind went in overdrive thinking that it must be Stage 4. I have had no sleep whatsoeverGrinningHas anyone got any tips on how to get to sleep when you have anxiety ?Seriously thinking of asking my GP for medication. Everything seems far worse when you are exhausted by sleep depravation. Btw I am returning to the site after 5years. I had a benign mole removed in 2018. The community kept me sane then, and I’m keeping the faith! Grinning

• Don’t panic and don’t google! It’s a very anxious time as we have no control over the outcome - but have faith it’s been found and dealt with speedily. Lots of love x

• Hi Midnight22

Thanks so much for your reply. I had a better night’s sleep last night, so I’m feeling a bit more positive. I’ve got an appointment at the clinic tomorrow to have the images taken which will be sento the hospital. I am sick of studying the mole, so I will initially be relieved that it is being removed. Grinning

Lots of Love

xx