New diagnosis

• 8 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Hello, New here

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the group.

Perhaps you could tell us a bit about your recent diagnosis and, if you have any questions, fire away!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello, I have just been diagnosed with melanoma. I am being sent to surgery to remove a mole in the new few weeks

• Ok, if there's anything you want to know about the excision biopsy and results procedure there are plenty of people here who have been through this.

As you haven't had the mole removed yet and sent off for biopsy, I'm assuming that when you say you've been diagnosed with melanoma the dermatologist has told you that he/she suspects this as an actual diagnosis can't be made without a biopsy.

There are lots of people in the group who were told by their GP or consultant that they had melanoma but when the biopsy results came back it was an atypical mole. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you fall into this category.

Let us know when you have a date

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello Latchbrook, 

Thank you very much for your reply.

My head has been spinning for the last two days with all sorts of emotions.

I will definatly let you know when I have a date for surgery. 

It's Realy nice to know there is support here. 

Many Thanks

Starman

• Hello Latchbrook, 

I've received the date for my operation, it's the 15th may. Geting ready for the day 

• That's not too long to wait now Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

1. Hi Starman, I wax told I had skin cancer by the doctor back in January, had my mole removed at the beginning of March, got my results 3 weeks later, and just had my WLE done, six weeks after, my original operation. I can fully understand what you are going through, it is a very scary time for you. Talk to family and friends about what you are going through and don't be ashamed to tell them that you are scared. The wait will feel like forever, but it does pass honestly, I won't tell you not to worry, because you will but try to keep yourself busy as it does help.  

I actually had 2 atypical moles, one which was benign, one that had turned cancerous- stage 1b. 

• Hi  

How did it go yesterday? Do you have long to wait for the biopsy results?

x

Community Champion Badge