Not quite a new member

• 3 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Good morning all.

I had my first MM over 10 years ago in situ on side of neck, then one .7mm on shin and another 5 years ago on my hand.

Well it has come back again, It looks like it has spread to my brain and liver, waiting for results of a biopsy done on Thursday on a lump just under my arm pit, to confirm it all but they think it is back.

Has anyone had it in these places ? just trying to get my head around things at the moment, 

• Hello Tasdev00 and I'm sorry you have rejoined this group due to your recurrence of this awful disease. 

I haven't as yet got any spread of my stage 3c melanoma so I'm just following the check up protocol but I saw you'd posted two days ago and just wanted to give you some support.  When it recurrs it's so shocking  and I wanted to let you know we're all here. 

I'm sure one of our lovely champions will reply soon and point you in other directions for more support. Try and stay positive as I've read may posts on here from others in your position who have had treatments to keep them stable and often their stage of disease doesn't change but they can begin to present as NED (No Evidence of Disease).  

Take care and don't forget the Macmillan helpline plus they they do offer six 'counselling' sessions for free if you want to talk.  X

• Hi Tasdev00

My melanoma had spread to my lungs and liver, however following combined Ipilimumab/Nivolumab treatment, followed by an ongoing maintenance course of Nivolumab, the cancer on both liver and lungs is no longer detectable by radiography.

I know this isn't exactly the same as your case, however I thought it was worth feeding back the positive outcome (so far!) in my case....

All the best and good luck for the future.

• Thank you for the reply, I am just waiting for the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle, then they will tell me what is going to  be next and how it is going to  be treated.

And all the best for your future as well x