New to the group

• 1 reply
  • 73 subscribers

Hi all, i was diagnosed with melanoma clinical stage T1b on top of my head on January 26th. The earliest I can see an ENT is March 20th but I am on a cancellation list for an earlier date. I’m a bit nervous due the timeline between being diagnosed and potential surgery date. Do most stick with their dermatologist through all of this or do you move on to a skin cancer center?

• Good morning CMO, I was stage 2, 4.7 mm deep with Ulceration. After 10 months I have just got the all clear. I truly understand  your concerns and anxiety. If you read my profile you will see my timeline for treatments on my profile. I HOPE MY PROFILE CAN RELIEVE SOME OF YOUR CONCERNS.After I got referred to Dermetology, i was told they have a team of Consultants  including Plastics and Nuerology who carry out a paper triage from when they prioritise your treatment ..as I am sure you would accept there are people in need of more urgent treatment. 

I found that the most Anxiety I had was created by waiting for results even though I had asked to be informed by TELE. Immediately. Its seems Dr's are reluctant to do this.

What gave me the most relief was gaining  Knowledge. The treatment for Cancer has improved dramatically so don't be too hard on yourself. I accepted this illness was outside my Control so I made efforts to spend thoughts on the things I could Control and stayed positive

I wish you a speedy recovery. NIGEL