Operation n skin graft

• 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Well tomorrow it is operation on my leg and maybe skin graft for melonoma in situ very nervous and worried 

• Hi  

I hope your operation went well yesterday and the wound isn't causing you too much discomfort. Did you have to have a skin graft or was the surgeon able to close without doing one?

When I had my WLE on my arm the surgeon said that he might have to do a skin graft but thought that I had enough excess skin to be able to close without one. Fortunately, I didn't need a skin graft so didn't have the added discomfort of a skin graft area to heal.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

i did not av a skin graft , managed to close so much up with stitches n av a little open wound but tight n itchy no pain, gtg back next week to plastics look at wound if not closing may need a skin graft , my leg is elevated. But when move around keeps bleeding so dressing covered in blood but dare not change as av open wound n don’t want infect it , so getting back in touch tomorrow see what they say but all good other than the bleeding 

• That's good news that you didn't need a skin graft  but not such good news that it keeps bleeding.

I think it's a good idea to get back in touch with your team before the Christmas break so that they can advise you on what you should do.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"