Hello everyone

• 4 replies
  • 74 subscribers

My name is Tracey and I’ve recently been diagnosed with stage1a melanoma. Had a WLE 4 November and awaiting ultrasound on my neck due to two swollen lymph nodes. Struggling emotionally since diagnosis but feel guilty as prognosis is good.

1. Hi Tracey, sorry to hear your news... I know how devasting it is and the utter despair and upset it causes. Your prognosis is excellent, grab that with both hands and embrace that bit of good fortune. I'm mid way through treatment so have ran the emotional roller coaster of this for 6 months now. It's tough but there are a lot of us out there going through this. 
  • Hey lovely - I have stage 2a and due to have my WLE on Monday along with my SLNB - feeling a little anxious - but I guess it is what it is now - I can’t control it so have to roll with it. Have up and down days (diagnosed Sept) but the mole has been removed and they were confident they’d removed it all - you got this and we’re all here to help xx

• Hope you’re keeping well x

• Hi Tracey never apologise for being emotional.. this melanoma journey is mad!! I have stage 4 melanoma and I started off so strong but recently I can cry opening a packet of crisps JoyJoy catching this early is best.. since being diagnosed I personally feel best thing is to tell people around you for support .. sending love and hugs Heart