New to the group

• 14 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Had 2 melanomas, 20 years later its back. Removed August 22 now been told its back again with 6 weeks. At my wits end. Anyone got any advice 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that 20 years after you were first diagnosed with melanoma you have had to have another removed and it's recurred in 6 weeks. I haven't had this happen, although I have been diagnosed with a second cancer, so I probably have an inkling of how you're feeling.

What course of action/treatment have your hospital team recommended?

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you replying back to me, will post more tomorrow 

• Hi there, how are you feeling today 

• Hi

I'm well thank you. How are you?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook, my leg is giving me pins and needles today, waiting for my dressing's change tomorrow with my district nurse!! 

• That sounds uncomfortable!

Community Champion Badge

• Hi I am on count down to my surgery on Thursday, its starting to scare me now about starting all over again with surgery then weeks of soreness before I even have a skin graff again.This time round to surgery is more severe that the one in August this year.This time I know that I am going to stay in this time and after surgery have some sort of pump attached to my leg,has anyone else had something like this 

• Hi 

I can understand you being nervous ahead of this surgery but I'm sure the medical staff will take good care of you.

It might be an idea to start a new post asking for other people's experiences with this type of surgery as that way it'll be more visible to the other group members.

I'm having my 3rd last chemotherapy on Thursday, so I'll be thinking of you Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you, I will do that 

• Sending you good wishes for tomorrow and hope all goes well. Sure you are in safe hands. X