Hello again

• 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi, I am joining this group for the second time…I was first diagnosed with melanoma three and a half years ago, and have been having treatment on and off since then.  My main strategy for dealing with it emotionally has been denial, hence my lack of participation in the group!  After my scans next week my consultant will be deciding whether or not to continue with my current treatment, and the options are getting limited now.  I feel I may well have some new challenges to face and hope to learn from other people’s experience and advice. I’m happy to share my own experiences, but realise how different each individual case can be.  Best wishes to you all!

• Hi Rosie01 and I'm sorry you're back on here but we're here for you hon.  As for denial well we've all got to deal with it our own way so there's no judgement on that from me(or anyone else I would think) .

I've not been in exactly your situation (yet-we all know how sneaky this disease is!) but just wanted to connect especially when you reached out.  It's a brave thing to do, reach out, so well done you x 

Things are obviously changing for you and I'm sure there are many others on here who have similar experience and can give you more relevant help but I will just say - there's lots of treatments/trials around now for us to try so I send you love and best wishes. 

Take care xxx