Introduction

• 2 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hello everyone.  I am approaching 75yrs of age and have R.A. & COPD, besides other bits.  Enjoy reading ++, walking(limited) & being outdoors, also of course the telly. Plus u3a & some church groups.  Diagnosed with melanoma on scalp two wks ago, given to expect wide excision at the University Hospital within the next two wks, & warned that I will be bald.  I trust the medics to do their stuff, they know what they're doing, but of course the last bit is almost more worrying! 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

My wide local excision (WLE) was on my arm so i don't have any experience with having one done on my scalp. I've had a look around the group and the most recent poster who has had surgery on their scalp was . I've 'tagged' her into my reply in the hope that she'll pop in and share her experience with you.

While you're waiting to see if she replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you very kindly, Latchbrook.  I am grateful for any connection/help extended.  Best wishes to you x