Side effects of immunotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

I’m having immunotherapy treatment and suffer from skin rashes on arms, back and scalp. Does anyone else have the.same side effects?

• Hi Pots

i finished my last dose of immunotherapy Pembro at the end of January - yes the rashes can be from the treatment contact your CNS for creams that may help. I have them too Andy skin also itches where there is no rash at all. The rash also seems to pop up in small areas anywhere at any time. I have found as a general rule to keep my skin well moisturised helps - I have found Diprobase the best for me also soothing to the rash although I have something stronger from the Oncologist for bad patches Mometasone. I also take anti histamines which I think help too Fexofenadine - but it is about finding what works for you. Hope it settles for you really soon. All the best.  

• Thank you so much for your reply. Really helps that I’m not the only one with this problem. I’m tackling the itch and rashes the same way as you are. Also taking anti histamine. Did your skin clear up after you finished your treatment ?

• No it hasn’t and in fact a few more flares than have had before. Sometimes drives me nuts but persevering. X