New here 5th surgery coming up

• 4 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi guys 

Just looking some support and to give some too! I had wide excision February 2018. , then another to take a larger sample. Then before lockdown in the December I found a lump in my armpit. In January it was confirmed melanoma had went to my lymph nodes had an operation to remove lymph nodes affected. Then another Then 2 more during lockdown. I have now been advised that the new lump under Mt arm is melanoma again,so off foe more surgery. During this time I have received immunotherapy and targeted therapy.

Just wondering if anyone else in similar situation and  what has worked for you ? I have stage 4a melanoma with Bradford mutation 

Xx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a lot over the last few years which makes me realise how lucky I was just needing a WLE and SLNB when I was diagnosed five years ago. 

Although I don't have the experience you're looking for I didn't want to leave your post sitting here with no replies. While you're waiting for those who have had a similar diagnosis to come forward you could use the search facility to look for previous posts. Try typing something like 'Bradford' or the name of the immunotherapy or targeted therapy that you have had to search. You can then respond to any of the more recent posts if you think the poster can help you further.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Blondie. I have no advice to give as you have been through so much more than me. I sincerely hope that your next round of surgery goes well and that things progress positively for you. Fingers crossed very tightly. My thoughts are with you.

• Hi thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you have been discharged and hope you genuinely to stay healthy,enjoying your our outdoor passions,gardening and cycling. I think I can safely say I too am paranoid about sunscreens and outdoor wear but continue to enjoy the outdoors too xxx